Tuesday 31 December 2013

two's company, three's a crowd

Yesterday I sought out my artistic 'roots' with my Dad, and it was nothing short of fun.
Somehow I don't think it would have been as enjoyable if my Mum was around. It makes me wonder if people tend to love one parent more than another, or if we should love both equally. Maybe we tend to love one more if the situation calls for it.

Perhaps that's how humanity is - selfish, leaping from person to person, choosing whoever suits our needs.
-
On a less dour and pensive note, the Singapore Biennale 2013 was interesting. There were some compelling and aesthetically pleasing works, while others were just downright disappointing - I'm looking at you, Longing by Chi Too. Personally, I found the works at the National Museum of Singapore to be the best, where the works of Liu Kang, Georgette Chen and Chua Mia Tee amongst others were on display. I guess this is in line with my being a purist; my tolerance threshold for video and sound installations is very low, frankly speaking.

But it is kind of ironic, considering my love for film and music, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment